A document released by Netflix talks about why the TV as we see now will change and how.
While Internet TV is only a very small percent of video viewing today, we think it will grow every
- The Internet will get faster, more reliable and more available
- Smart TV sales will increase and eventually every TV will have Wifi and apps;
- Smart TV adapters (Roku, AppleTV, etc.) will get less expensive and better;
- Tablet and smartphone viewing will increase;
- Tablets and smartphones will be use d as touch interfaces for Internet TV;
- Internet TV apps will rapidly improve through competition and frequent updates;
- Streaming 4k video will happen long before linear TV supports 4k video;
- Internet video advertising will be personalized and relevant;
- TV Everywhere will provide a smooth economic transition for existing networks;
- New entrants like Netflix are innovating rapidly.